Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Jean’s Jazz: Smells Good IV

Having been living overseas in the Middle East and now the Caribbean, it occurs to me it has been over three years since I’ve experienced cold weather and I suddenly find myself missing it. I would take even a cold, gray day in March just to reacquaint myself with those old, familiar feelings of winter (in places like New York, Virginia, Bulgaria, Shanghai, Montreal, or Amsterdam) and perhaps even escape the chill by ducking into a cozy little bar or café in which to sit by the corner window at sundown and enjoy some suitable jazz and that feeling the Dutch call gezelligheid. Here are more of my favorite jazz songs. Enjoy!

Charlie Parker (with a young Miles Davis!)

01. Fats Waller – “Ain’t Misbehavin’” (1943)
02. Charlie Parker – “Summertime” (1949)
03. Frank Sinatra – “I Get a Kick Out of You” (1954)
04. Duke Ellington – “Jeep’s Blues” (1956)
05. Hoagy Carmichael – “Stardust” (1933)
06. Nat King Cole – “Nature Boy” (1961)
07. The Dave Brubeck Quartet – “Strange Meadow Lark” (1959)
08. Charles Mingus – “Mood Indigo” (1963)
09. Ella Fitzgerald – “Witchcraft (Outtake)” (Unknown)
10. Charlie Parker – “Just Friends” (1949)
11. James Brown – “That’s Life” (1969)
12. Frank Sinatra – “I Get a Kick Out of You” (1962)
13. Frank Sinatra – “I’ve Got You Under My Skin” (1963)

Fats Waller


Listen to the playlist on Spotify...



Recommended Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment