Thursday, December 20, 2018

Easy Does It III

About a decade or so ago I got really into Christmas cocktail music which somehow always managed to put me in the Christmas mood. Each year around this time I would make mixes of my favorite Christmas cocktail music for imaginary holiday parties which never took place; yet I had fun making them and listening to them in the car, or around the Christmas tree- usually alone, sometimes overseas.

Frank Sinatra

One of my most vivid Christmas cocktail memories was going with friends to some bowling alley in Maryland which was all decked out for Christmas and included attractive female servers in Santa suits. I suppose I was going through one of my rough patches back then and found something soothing in the Christmas cocktail music scene and those singers and songs from a bygone era- still do. Here are some more of my favorites in this special Easy Does It holiday edition. Enjoy!

Nancy Wilson

01. Eartha Kitt – “Santa Baby” (1953)
02. Ella Fitzgerald – “O Holy Night” (1967)
03. Frank Sinatra – “The Christmas Waltz” (1957)
04. Ella Fitzgerald – “We Three Kings” (1967)
05. Jackie Gleason and Jack Marshall – “I’ll Be Home for Christmas / Baby, It’s Cold Outside” (1956)
06. Nancy Wilson – “What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?” (1963)
07. Carpenters – “Overture (An Old Fashioned Christmas)” (1978)
08. Frank Sinatra – “O Little Town of Bethlehem” (1957)
09. Ella Fitzgerald – “Silent Night” (1967)
10. Nancy Wilson – “That’s What I Want for Christmas” (1963)



Listen to the playlist on Spotify...




... or check out the playlist on YouTube

(To open music in separate window, click title bar at top of video box)


No comments:

Post a Comment