Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Zombie Invasion!

The Zombies are one of my favorite British Invasion bands and quite possibly the best of the era. Their sound was unique and sophisticated- almost classical- and the songs still sound fresh and modern today yet with an indefinable timeless quality. The band has impressive musical chops- dig Rod Argent on keys- but it’s Colin Blunstone’s voice that made them famous.


The Zombies’ masterpiece- Odessey and Oracle- is a very good album though a bit overrated in my opinion. I prefer listening instead to one of the many Zombies compilations. I recommend Greatest Hits which I enjoyed grooving to at work last summer on my headphones. Or, you could just listen to my favorite Zombies songs here. Enjoy!


01. The Zombies – “Whenever You’re Ready” (1965)
02. The Zombies – “I Can’t Make Up My Mind” (1964)
03. The Zombies – “Time of the Season” (1968)
04. The Zombies – “How We Were Before” (1965)
05. The Zombies – “Indication” (1965)
06. The Zombies – “I’ll Call You Mine” (1968)
07. The Zombies – “Gotta Get a Hold of Myself” (1966)
08. The Zombies – “She’s Not There” (1964)
09. The Zombies – “She Does Everything for Me” (1967)
10. The Zombies – “Leave Me Be” (1964)


Listen to the playlist on Spotify...  



Recommended Links:

Little Steven's Underground Garage

The Zombies Official Website

No comments:

Post a Comment