Monday, July 16, 2018

Summertime Dream – Part 2

I’ve never listened to Gordon Lightfoot with other people around- Gordon and I kind of have our own private relationship- but I imagine his songs would serve as good background music not only to napping but also driving on a scenic highway, sailing, or relaxing in my nautical themed study I hope to have some day replete with maps, bookcases, leather chairs, a fireplace, and a view of the sea (I was born and raised on Long Island but have always been enchanted by California’s coastline, Pacific Coast Highway, and that wealthy ‘70s West Coast lifestyle I've seen and admired on old Columbo episodes).


In the ‘70s Gordon Lightfoot re-recorded many of his best known ‘60s songs because he didn’t like the way he sang back then and for the most part I agree with these decisions since his masterful ‘70s sound is very different from his ‘60s sound (although I prefer his original version of “Song for a Winter’s Night”. By the way, leave it to Gordon to record not one but two Christmas songs involving alcoholism). Here are some (more) of my favorite Gordon Lightfoot songs. Ahoy- and enjoy!


01. Gordon Lightfoot – “Christian Island (Georgian Bay)” (1972)
02. Gordon Lightfoot – “Shadows” (1982)
03. Gordon Lightfoot – “Song for a Winter’s Night” (1967)
04. Gordon Lightfoot – “Circle of Steel” (1974)
05. Gordon Lightfoot – “The Circle Is Small” (1978)
06. Gordon Lightfoot – “The Watchman’s Gone” (1974)
07. Gordon Lightfoot – “Rainy Day People” (1975)
08. Gordon Lightfoot – “High and Dry” (1974)
09. Gordon Lightfoot – “Summertime Dream” (1976)
10. Gordon Lightfoot – “Pussywillows, Cat-Tails” (1968)



Listen to the playlist on Spotify...



... or check out the playlist on YouTube

(To open music in separate window, click title bar at top of video box)


No comments:

Post a Comment