Saturday, February 15, 2020

Easy Does It IV

I respect vocal/easy listening music’s bottom line which is to provide respite and pleasure to its listeners. Life is hard enough without subjecting yourself to music the World War II generation would consider noise, yet even they needed something to listen to while mixing cocktails to take the edge off. 

Tom Jones

Most of the big names in vocal/easy listening music have passed on but I continue to enjoy them and make new discoveries. I like the way vocal/easy listening artists actually have talent, carry themselves with class, and can make me feel as though they understand my every pain and desire because they have felt it too- and that is what art is all about. Here are some more of my favorites. Enjoy!

Tom Jones

01. Frank Sinatra – “Cycles” (1968)
02. Frankie Laine – “The Valley of the Hundred Hills” (1959)
03. Tom Jones – “It’s Not Unusual” (1965)
04. Tom Jones – “Green, Green Grass of Home” (1966)
05. The Swingle Singers – “Ode to Joy” (Unknown)
06. The Lettermen – “We’re All Alone” (1979)
07. Dean Martin – “Bumming Around” (1965)
08. Nat King Cole – “Smile” (1961)
09. Robert Goulet – “If Ever I Would Leave You (from ‘Camelot’)” (1960)
10. Doris Day – “Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)" (1956)



Listen to the playlist on Spotify...


No comments:

Post a Comment