Sunday, January 21, 2018

Easy Does It

When it comes to vocal/easy listening music there is really only one artist in my collection: Frank Sinatra. About fifteen years ago I went through a painful break up and started listening exclusively to sad country songs and Frank Sinatra albums (especially In the Wee Small Hours and Only the Lonely- I think Sinatra referred to these as his “suicide albums” although they were quite popular with his fans). 

Frank Sinatra

It was Sinatra (and Ella Fitzgerald) who introduced me to Cole Porter's music and any interest I have in vocal/easy listening is thanks to Ol’ Blue Eyes. Classy, smooth, and sometimes the only music that will do the trick- here are some of my favorite vocal/easy listening songs. Enjoy! 

Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr.

01. Bobby Short – “I Happen to Like New York (Live)” (1973)
02. Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass – “This Guy’s in Love with You” (1968)
03. Sammy Davis Jr. – “If My Friends Could See Me Now” (1968)
04. Lorne Greene – “Ringo” (1964)
05. Sammy Davis Jr. – “Mr. Bojangles” (1972)
06. Burt Bacharach – “South American Getaway” (1969)
07. Margo Guryan – “Think of Rain” (1968)
08. The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra, Nic Raine – “You Only Live Twice (Main Theme)” (1994)
09. Frank Sinatra – “I Love Paris” (1958)
10. Frank Sinatra – “I Get a Kick Out of You” (1954)


Listen to the playlist on Spotify... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment