Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Christmas with the King

If you’re looking for some fun, classic holiday music with a bit more soul and grit then look no further than one of my all-time Christmas favorites. Elvis’ Christmas Album has it all including heartfelt sacred songs, hip-shaking secular songs, and my preferred interpretation of “I’ll Be Home for Christmas”. Plus, you also get to hear young Elvis in his prime (and with his unique vocal phrasing) shouting things like “fill my sock with candy!” and professing his love for the Lord- and not losing his cool for a second. Mama must have been proud. Note: The last four songs are gospel recordings and technically not Christmas songs but since we are celebrating the birth of the King of the Universe- God Incarnate- I’ll cut Elvis and the Colonel some slack here. Grade: A



The Colonel and Elvis


Listen to the album on Spotify...


No comments:

Post a Comment