Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Four Guys from Liverpool – Part 1

I caught a bit of the new Beatles television documentary “Sgt. Pepper's Musical Revolution” on PBS recently and it was really great. Just when I'd given up on trying to extract any new meaning or pleasure from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band this intelligent documentary provided me with new insight into and appreciation for “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” and “She's Leaving Home” (though “Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite” still ranks pretty low on my Beatles list. Sorry, John).


I guess my favorite thing about the Beatles (other than their music having formed the soundtrack to a large part of my life) is their willingness to experiment and let their imaginations soar while staying true to their universal mission of peace, love, and rock & roll. (And what a great bass player!) Here are some of my favorite Beatles songs- which really just leave me wanting more. Enjoy!


01. The Beatles – “Because” (1969)
02. The Beatles – “Ticket to Ride” (1965)
03. The Beatles – “Here Comes the Sun” (1969)
04. The Beatles – “Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)” (1965)
05. The Beatles – “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” (1967)
06. The Beatles – “She’s Leaving Home” (1967)
07. The Beatles – “With a Little Help from My Friends” (1967)
08. The Beatles – “Roll Over Beethoven” (1963)
09. The Beatles – “Revolution” (1968)
10. The Beatles – “Bad Boy” (1965)


Listen to the playlist on Spotify...



... or check out the playlist on YouTube

(To open music in separate window, click title bar at top of video box)


No comments:

Post a Comment