Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Rock: Think & Relax

Socrates (who may have been the world's first hippie) once said “the unexamined life is not worth living” and I think sometimes even rock fans need to slow down and take stock. Here are some of my favorite folk-rock, jam rock, boogie rock, classic rock, and singer-songwriter songs which usually help to put me in a calm, reflective mood. These songs are timeless, soothing, and give me space to think and relax. They make me want to take a long walk or drive in the country or, better yet, put my feet up in front of a warm fireplace on a cold winter night. Enjoy!

Grateful Dead

01. Buffalo Springfield – “Kind Woman” (1968)
02. Jorma Kaukonen – “Genesis” (1974)
03. Gordon Lightfoot –  “Second Cup of Coffee” (1972)
04. Bob Weir – “Ki-Yi Bossie” (2016)
05. Faces – “Ooh La La” (1973)
06. John Phillips – “Topanga Canyon” (1970)
07. Bob Dylan – “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” (1973)
08. The Youngbloods – “That’s How Strong My Love Is” (1971)
09. Grateful Dead – “Ripple” (1970)

Bob Dylan and Gordon Lightfoot


Listen to the playlist on Spotify...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment