Friday, January 4, 2019

Prine Country – Part 2

I first discovered John Prine’s music about 12 years ago when I was living in Falls Church, Virginia and I borrowed Sweet Revenge from the Mary Stiles Public Library (just across the street from my apartment). Some of the songs on Sweet Revenge really impressed me particularly the funny “Dear Abby” (which was recorded live at my alma mater in New Paltz, New York) and the sweet “Grandpa Was a Carpenter”. I’ve collected a bunch of John Prine songs over the years but don’t have a favorite album and not all of his songs are winners. I’d probably recommend just starting with his 1971 debut and going from there. Here are some more of my favorite John Prine songs. Enjoy!


01. John Prine – “Jesus the Missing Years” (1991)
02. John Prine – “Dear Abby (Live)” (1973)
03. John Prine – “A Good Time” (1973)
04. John Prine – “Illegal Smile” (1971)
05. John Prine – “Grandpa Was a Carpenter” (1973)
06. Emmylou Harris and John Prine – “Magnolia Wind” (2011)
07. John Prine – “Please Don’t Bury Me” (1973)
08. John Prine – “Let’s Talk Dirty in Hawaiian” (1986)
09. John Prine – “Paradise” (1971)
10. John Prine – “If You Don’t Want My Love” (1978)



Listen to the playlist on Spotify... 


No comments:

Post a Comment