Friday, May 4, 2018

Turtle Week – Part 3

The Turtles started as a high school surf band but by the end of the ‘60s they had become long-haired folk-rockers (their final album- Turtle Soup- was produced by British Invasion icon Ray Davies of the Kinks). The styles of their songs may have changed through the years but to me it's all Turtle music.


I visited California for the first time in 2010 when some friends and I drove a jeep from San Francisco to Mendocino for a wedding and it was wonderful. Listening to the Turtles reminds me of California and the groovy music makes me feel free. It makes me want to go outside, enjoy the sunshine, dance in a field of hippies, and then take in a gorgeous sunset. Here are some (more) of my favorites. Enjoy!


01. The Turtles – “She’ll Come Back” (1966)
02. The Turtles – “Guide for the Married Man” (1967)
03. The Turtles – “Lady-O” (1969)
04. The Turtles – “Can I Go On” (1969)
05. The Turtles – “Is It Any Wonder” (1967)
06. The Turtles – “Me About You” (1967)
07. The Turtles – “You Know What I Mean” (1967)
08. The Turtles – “Gas Money” (1965)
09. The Turtles – “Cat in the Window” (1967)
10. The Turtles – “Elenore” (1968)


Listen to the playlist on Spotify...


No comments:

Post a Comment