Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Turtle Week – Part 1

Well, I made it through April and May is looking pretty good right now. Warm weather, plenty of sunshine, and life springing forth around every corner. World Turtle Day is not until May 23 but I thought we’d get the celebration started a bit early since turtles are not only one of my favorite animals but also one of my favorite ‘60s bands!


The Turtles (from Los Angeles) may have been the first pop punk band and people have tried to label the group’s music everything from pop, classic rock, and psychedelic to folk-rock, garage rock, and sunshine pop. Sounds good to me! Here are some of my favorite Turtles songs. Enjoy Turtle Week!


01. The Turtles – “You Don’t Have to Walk in the Rain” (1969)
02. The Turtles – “Sound Asleep” (1968)
03. The Turtles – “I Get Out of Breath” (1966)
04. The Turtles – “Like the Seasons” (1967)
05. The Turtles – “Makin’ My Mind Up” (1967)
06. The Turtles – “Your Maw Said You Cried” (1965)
07. The Turtles – “It Was a Very Good Year” (1965)
08. The Turtles – “Food” (1968)
09. The Turtles – “I’m Chief Kamanawanalea (We’re the Royal Macadamia Nuts)” (1968)
10. The Turtles – “Somewhere Friday Night” (1969)


Listen to the playlist on Spotify...




... or check out the playlist on YouTube

(To open music in separate window, click title bar at top of video box)


No comments:

Post a Comment