Sunday, March 18, 2018

Faves 2012–2018 – Part 2

When I was a kid, keeping up with new music was easy since we had MTV and Top 40 radio telling us what songs and artists were new and hot. Things have changed since then but some people are still crazy for new music and like staying connected with what’s current- until what is current gets replaced next week by something newer and hotter. I like music- obviously- but I can’t keep up with all the new stuff (I think I gave up trying some time in the late ‘80s).

Dropkick Murphys

I admit I’ve become much pickier with my musical selections in recent years and, like many of us, after amassing a private music collection I have become my own radio station. With the rise of the Internet and music streaming it seems the days of radio and MTV bringing people together through music are finished and we’ve all separated into different musical camps. Perhaps we need another musical revolution- something universal- to bring us all back together again as music fans. Is the Internet killing music? Am I just becoming a grumpy old man? Where’s Paul McCartney when we need him?

Darius Rucker

I feel like new music is a bright, shiny wagon racing down the street and people are chasing after it. Then I come walking up the rear, taking my time, seeing what the wagon has dropped along the way. I pick things up, examine them, and any thing worth keeping I throw in my bag. For better or worse, I’m definitely behind the times when it comes to new music but what is in my bag will hopefully take me the rest of the way to the finish line. Here are some more of my favorites. Enjoy!

Echosmith

01. Paul McCartney – "Wanderlust (2015 Remix)” (1982)
02. Dropkick Murphys – “4-15-13” (2017)
03. The Pogues – "Streams of Whiskey (2013 Mix)” (1984)
04. Paul McCartney – “On My Way to Work” (2013)
05. Dinosaur Jr. – “Watch the Corners” (2012)
06. Echosmith – “Bizarre Love Triangle (Live)” (2015)
07. Paul McCartney – “Only Our Hearts” (2012)
08. The Darkness – “Nothin's Gonna Stop Us” (2012)
09. Darius Rucker – “Wagon Wheel” (2013)
10. The Killers – “Runaways” (2012)
11. They Might Be Giants – “Tesla” (2013)
12. Paul McCartney – “Here Today (2015 Remix)” (1982)
13. Alejandro Escovedo – “Farewell to the Good Times” (2016)
14. Greg Graffin – “Millport” (2017)


Listen to the playlist on Spotify...



No comments:

Post a Comment