Monday, January 29, 2018

R. Zimmerman from Minnesota – Part 2

“I like to keep my values scripturally straight though- I like to stay a part of that stuff that don’t change. Actually, it’s not that difficult- people still love and they still hate, they still marry and have children, still slaves in their minds to their desires, still slap each other in the face, and say ‘honey can you turn off the light’ just like they did in ancient Greece. What’s changed? When did Abraham break his father's idols? I think it was last Tuesday.
God is still the judge and the devil still rules the world so what’s different? No matter how big you think you are history is gonna roll over you. Sound like a preacher don’t I? To the aspiring songwriter and singer I say disregard all the current stuff, forget it, you’re better off, read John Keats, Melville, listen to Robert Johnson and Woody Guthrie. Movies, too, I’ve seen hundred of them, how many of them stay with you? Shane, Red River, On the Waterfront, Freaks? Maybe a handful of others…I just saw one the other night, as soon as it was over I couldn’t remember a thing about it. Seemed real important at the time though.”
– Bob Dylan, Biograph


01. Bob Dylan – “Shooting Star (Live)” (1994)
02. Bob Dylan – “Sad-Eyed Lady of the Lowlands” (1966)
03. Bob Dylan – “Visions of Johanna (Live)” (1966)
04. Bob Dylan – “Things Have Changed” (2000)
05. Bob Dylan – “Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right” (1963)
06. Bob Dylan – “Most of the Time” (1989)
07. Bob Dylan – “Percy’s Song” (1963)
08. Bob Dylan – “I’ll Keep It with Mine” (1965)
09. Bob Dylan – “Sara (Live)” (1975)
10. Bob Dylan – “Sweetheart Like You” (1985)


Listen to the playlist on Spotify... 




... or check out a song from the playlist on YouTube

(To open music in separate window, click title bar at top of video box)



Recommended Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment