Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Here Comes the New Wave

For me growing up in the ‘80s with new wave music- on the radio and on MTV- was a lot of fun and for the past fifteen years or so I’ve enjoyed collecting new wave hits from my childhood as well as making new discoveries. When it comes to new wave music I think: 1) the best of the new wave artists were much smarter than people realize; 2) synthesizers are cool (I had one); and 3) creating fun, timeless music is hard work and requires talent. Here are some of my favorite new wave songs. Enjoy!

Thompson Twins

01. Squeeze – “Up the Junction” (1979)
02. Thompson Twins – “Hold Me Now” (1983)
03. The Police – “Every Breath You Take” (1983)
04. ABC – “When Smokey Sings” (1987)
05. The Cars – “Just What I Needed”  (1978)
06. Pretenders – “Stob Your Sobbing” (1979)
07. Elvis Costello and the Attractions – “You Belong to Me” (1978)
08. The Go-Go’s – “Head Over Heels” (1984)

The Go-Go's


Listen to the playlist on Spotify... 



Recommended Links:

a-ha – “Take on Me”

No comments:

Post a Comment